A US Patent Application that is finally rejected by a patent examiner may be appealed to the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (“BPAI”). The increase in the number of appeals would not come as a surprise to members of the patent bar because the rejection rate for new patent applications has increased dramatically since […]
Appeals of Patent Applications to the US Patent and Trademark Office Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences increases 41.7% between 2008 and 2009
IBM has filed a US Patent Application for a Facebook, or other blog site, remote control. A copy of the published application is available here: http://www.iplaw-usa.com/docs/7519658.pdfAdditional information is also available on InformationWeek here.
- Federal Circuit Limits Business Method Patentability in View of US Supreme Court Alice Decision February 18, 2015
- US Patent and Trademark Office Reduces Trademark Application Filing Fees February 6, 2015
- IBM Obtains the most patents in 2014 January 14, 2015
- Federal Circuit Reaffirms Structure Requirements for Means-Plus-Function Claims February 27, 2013
- New Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC) System to Launch in January 2013 December 5, 2012
- Google Threatens to Sue Youtube MP3 Conversion Site November 14, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"After inadvertently allowing my company’s important Registered Trademark to lapse for three years at the conclusion of its last cycle, Jim Pravel and his staff at Pravel Intellectual Property Law worked diligently with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to not only re-register my company’s mark, but also to re-establish the original 1987 date of first use. Thank you again for your concise breakdown of the process, for your turnkey implementation and most importantly for protecting my company from potentially losing the rights to one of our most valuable assets."