A US Patent Application that is finally rejected by a patent examiner may be appealed to the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (“BPAI”). The increase in the number of appeals would not come as a surprise to members of the patent bar because the rejection rate for new patent applications has increased dramatically since […]
Appeals of Patent Applications to the US Patent and Trademark Office Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences increases 41.7% between 2008 and 2009
IBM has filed a US Patent Application for a Facebook, or other blog site, remote control. A copy of the published application is available here: http://www.iplaw-usa.com/docs/7519658.pdfAdditional information is also available on InformationWeek here.
- Federal Circuit Limits Business Method Patentability in View of US Supreme Court Alice Decision February 18, 2015
- US Patent and Trademark Office Reduces Trademark Application Filing Fees February 6, 2015
- IBM Obtains the most patents in 2014 January 14, 2015
- Federal Circuit Reaffirms Structure Requirements for Means-Plus-Function Claims February 27, 2013
- New Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC) System to Launch in January 2013 December 5, 2012
- Google Threatens to Sue Youtube MP3 Conversion Site November 14, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"Jim Pravel is simply one of the finest attorneys I have ever met or worked with, and his work on my domain matter was outstanding in every way. My case was complex and called for tremendous attention to detail - which Jim more than delivered. Jim's work was so thorough and exhaustive I felt completely confident making the 'tough decisions'. Throughout the process, Jim was professional, knowledgeable, and generous with his time. Each step of the way, he put my interests first. I highly recommend Jim Pravel to anyone in need of trustworthy, experienced, topnotch legal representation."