A US Patent Application that is finally rejected by a patent examiner may be appealed to the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (“BPAI”). The increase in the number of appeals would not come as a surprise to members of the patent bar because the rejection rate for new patent applications has increased dramatically since […]
Appeals of Patent Applications to the US Patent and Trademark Office Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences increases 41.7% between 2008 and 2009
IBM has filed a US Patent Application for a Facebook, or other blog site, remote control. A copy of the published application is available here: http://www.iplaw-usa.com/docs/7519658.pdfAdditional information is also available on InformationWeek here.
- ALS Association withdraws US Trademark Applications to Register “Ice Bucket Challenge” September 8, 2014
- First Inventor to File – 2014 USPTO Roadshow September 5, 2014
- Apple Files Patent Application for Sapphire Front/Back Displays July 11, 2014
- Report On Newly Enacted America Invents Act (AIA) February 8, 2013
- Texas Regional Independent Inventors Conference-Austin, TX Sept. 14-15 August 16, 2012
- Federal Circuit Vacates Preliminary Injunction Again in Shionogi v. Lupin August 14, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"Jim Pravel provided a rapid, vigorous and sound defense on my behalf that thwarted a baseless but potentially costly copyright lawsuit."