A US Patent Application that is finally rejected by a patent examiner may be appealed to the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (“BPAI”). The increase in the number of appeals would not come as a surprise to members of the patent bar because the rejection rate for new patent applications has increased dramatically since […]
Appeals of Patent Applications to the US Patent and Trademark Office Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences increases 41.7% between 2008 and 2009
IBM has filed a US Patent Application for a Facebook, or other blog site, remote control. A copy of the published application is available here: http://www.iplaw-usa.com/docs/7519658.pdfAdditional information is also available on InformationWeek here.
- Pricing and Contracting Negotiations Insufficient to Constitute a Sale within the US November 11, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office Extends After Final Action Consideration October 30, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office Launches Online Toolkit for Trademarks October 2, 2014
- Federal Circuit Clarifies Pleading Requirements in Design Patent Cases February 14, 2013
- American Universities Sued for Copyright Infringement November 6, 2012
- Federal Circuit Upholds TTAB’s Finding of Abandonment of Lens.com’s LENS Mark August 21, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"Jim Pravel is a real find as local counsel, or lead counsel in any intellectual property matter. He is cooperative and a real team player, yet he is experienced and knowledgeable about both the broad scope and narrow details of the litigation. He was able to work under tight time deadlines and always had more than the necessary fight in him. He is particularly knowledgeable about the Internet and the cases being brought involving it. He is a real asset."