A US Patent Application that is finally rejected by a patent examiner may be appealed to the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (“BPAI”). The increase in the number of appeals would not come as a surprise to members of the patent bar because the rejection rate for new patent applications has increased dramatically since [...]
Appeals of Patent Applications to the US Patent and Trademark Office Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences increases 41.7% between 2008 and 2009
IBM has filed a US Patent Application for a Facebook, or other blog site, remote control. A copy of the published application is available here: http://www.iplaw-usa.com/docs/7519658.pdfAdditional information is also available on InformationWeek here.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit Decides Right of Publicity Outweighs First Amendment in NCAA Football Video Games June 18, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of NY Denies Class Certification in YouTube Copyright Case June 12, 2013
- U.S. Supreme Court Will Review Burden of Proof in Declaratory Judgment Cases When Infringement Counterclaim is Barred June 7, 2013
- Federal Circuit Affirms $20.8 Million Patent Infringement Judgment Against Home Depot March 2, 2012
- Pravel Intellectual Property Law Adopts New Brand, Intellalegal February 13, 2012
- Federal Circuit Reiterates Three-Step Recapture Rule is Proper Test in Reissue Applications July 9, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"I am pleased with the manner in which you proceeded and kept us fully informed along the way... thank you for your excellent work on these matters."