On April 9, 2012, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit upheld the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania’s decision to invalidate patent claims asserted by Noah Systems, Inc. (“Noah”) against Intuit, Inc. (“Intuit”), because the claims were indefinite. At the center of this case was U.S. Patent No. 5,875,435 […]
On September 4th, TiVo won an additional $200 million in damages for several of the patents that cover time warp recording of audio-video displays. The patents at suit were: US-6233389, US-7529465 and US-7493015. The damages were awarded by a federal judge in Marshall, Texas against Dish Network. TiVo earlier won damages of $104 million against […]
- AIPLA files Amicus Brief in Nautilus v. Biosig Instruments re: Definiteness March 5, 2014
- Apple’s New Touch MacBook Patent February 21, 2014
- Federal Circuit Clarifies Standard for Defendants Seeking Award of Attorney’s Fees January 29, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office Requests Comments on Request for Continued Examination Practice December 20, 2012
- Federal Circuit Upholds Cancellation from Interference Provoked Two Years After Publication July 27, 2012
- An Algorithm for Every Function July 25, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
I have been working with Jim Pravel and his law firm for over ten years and I have to say that he is a phenomenal patent and trademark attorney. I feel very confident working with him and he always provides clear information and advice. It is a pleasure to do business with him and I highly recommend him for all of your intellectual property matters.
Abaco Propiedad Industrial, S.L.