On April 9, 2012, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit upheld the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania’s decision to invalidate patent claims asserted by Noah Systems, Inc. (“Noah”) against Intuit, Inc. (“Intuit”), because the claims were indefinite. At the center of this case was U.S. Patent No. 5,875,435 […]
On September 4th, TiVo won an additional $200 million in damages for several of the patents that cover time warp recording of audio-video displays. The patents at suit were: US-6233389, US-7529465 and US-7493015. The damages were awarded by a federal judge in Marshall, Texas against Dish Network. TiVo earlier won damages of $104 million against […]
- US Patent and Trademark Office Launches Online Toolkit for Trademarks October 2, 2014
- ALS Association withdraws US Trademark Applications to Register “Ice Bucket Challenge” September 8, 2014
- First Inventor to File – 2014 USPTO Roadshow September 5, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Publishes Final Rules on First to File System February 13, 2013
- Federal Circuit Upholds TTAB’s Finding of Abandonment of Lens.com’s LENS Mark August 21, 2012
- Texas Regional Independent Inventors Conference-Austin, TX Sept. 14-15 August 16, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
Since the early 2000’s I have trusted James W. Pravel, of Pravel Intellectual Property Law, PC, at Alexandria, Virginia 22314, to manage my clients’ TM and patent applications and registrations with the USPTO.
Along these something more than ten years I have realized with satisfaction that Mr. Pravel has given attentive care and alertness to all my files. We have had together some difficult cases that, I must say, were finally conducted along satisfying paths thanks to his sheer personal interest in solving the obstacles, often raised by unexpected sources.
Other of Mr. Pravel’s qualities that I have in high regard is the sober honesty with which he uses to discuss my opinions when necessary.
Fil.dr. Joan Fortea
Fil.dr. Joan Fortea
Abaco Propiedad Ltd.