A patent is a grant that is issued by the United States Government that gives you the right to exclude all others from making, using or selling the claimed subject matter of your patent, or its equivalents. Before you decide to pursue your idea, you should be confident that a market exists for you new […]
Patent searches are conducted onsite at the US Patent and Trademark Office on the East Search System. The East Search System is the same system that is used by US Patent Examiners and includes a limited amount of foreign patents. We have been searching patents for over 20 years for purposes of determining patentability as […]
Background A trademark can be many things — even sounds or smells. By definition, a trademark is a word, phrase, symbol or design, or combination of words, phrases, symbols or designs, which identify and distinguishes the source of the goods or services of one party from those of others. It is obviously important to consider […]
Background A patent is a grant that is issued by the United States Government that gives you the right to exclude all others from making, using or selling the claimed subject matter of your patent, or its equivalents. Before you decide to pursue your idea, you should be confident that a market exists for you […]
On September 16, 2011, President Barack Obama signed into law the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (AIA), which will foster innovation and spur job creation in the United States. This Act sets into motion the most comprehensive overhaul to our nation’s patent system since 1836. Patent attorneys, agents and the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) […]
- Apple Files Patent Application for Sapphire Front/Back Displays July 11, 2014
- US Supreme Court Again Limits Business Method Patents After Bilski June 23, 2014
- US Supreme Court Attempts to Clarify Definiteness Requirement June 11, 2014
- Innovation Expo 2013 to be Held in Alexandria Virginia June 20-22, 2013 – Applicants Welcome January 18, 2013
- Federal Circuit Vacates Preliminary Injunction Again in Shionogi v. Lupin August 14, 2012
- US Patent and Trademark Office Publishes Rule Changes for the Citation of Prior Art and Written Statements Provision of the America Invents Act August 10, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
I have been working with Jim Pravel and his law firm for over ten years and I have to say that he is a phenomenal patent and trademark attorney. I feel very confident working with him and he always provides clear information and advice. It is a pleasure to do business with him and I highly recommend him for all of your intellectual property matters.
Abaco Propiedad Industrial, S.L.