On April 16, 2010 the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (“CAFC”) upheld the District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia jury verdict that the asserted claims of two Verizon patents (US Patents 6,282,574 and 6,104,711) were invalid and the asserted claims of four Verizon patents (US Patents 6,430,275; 6,292,481; 6,137,869 and 6,636,597) […]
Federal Circuit Equates Specific Intent with Deliberate Indifference for Inducement to Infringe a Patent
IN SEB S.A. and T-FAL Corporation v. Montgomery Ward et al., the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (“CAFC”) considered the appeal of a host of issues concerning the infringement of US Patent 4,995,312 (“the ‘312 patent”) relating to a jury verdict and the district court’s post-trial rulings. The ‘312 covered deep fryers having […]
- ALS Association withdraws US Trademark Applications to Register “Ice Bucket Challenge” September 8, 2014
- First Inventor to File – 2014 USPTO Roadshow September 5, 2014
- Apple Files Patent Application for Sapphire Front/Back Displays July 11, 2014
- Report On Newly Enacted America Invents Act (AIA) February 8, 2013
- Texas Regional Independent Inventors Conference-Austin, TX Sept. 14-15 August 16, 2012
- Federal Circuit Vacates Preliminary Injunction Again in Shionogi v. Lupin August 14, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
I have been working with Jim Pravel and his law firm for over ten years and I have to say that he is a phenomenal patent and trademark attorney. I feel very confident working with him and he always provides clear information and advice. It is a pleasure to do business with him and I highly recommend him for all of your intellectual property matters.
Abaco Propiedad Industrial, S.L.