On July 11, 2012, the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit affirmed a ruling by the USPTO Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (“Board”) cancelling claim 1 of US Patent 7,434,426 (“Patent ‘426”), held by Robert Loughlin and John Loughlin (together, “Loughlin”), because the claim interfered with US Patent Application 11/671,404 (“Application ‘404”), […]
On June 26, 2012, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit upheld the decision of the USPTO Board of Patent Appeals and Interferances (the “Board”) to deny all claims pending in U.S. Patent Application No. 11/385,232 (“Application ‘232”). Application ‘232, entitled “Crossbar Arithmetic Processor,” discloses a computing device for processes such as addition, […]
- AIPLA files Amicus Brief in Nautilus v. Biosig Instruments re: Definiteness March 5, 2014
- Apple’s New Touch MacBook Patent February 21, 2014
- Federal Circuit Clarifies Standard for Defendants Seeking Award of Attorney’s Fees January 29, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office Requests Comments on Request for Continued Examination Practice December 20, 2012
- Federal Circuit Upholds Cancellation from Interference Provoked Two Years After Publication July 27, 2012
- An Algorithm for Every Function July 25, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
I have been working with Jim Pravel and his law firm for over ten years and I have to say that he is a phenomenal patent and trademark attorney. I feel very confident working with him and he always provides clear information and advice. It is a pleasure to do business with him and I highly recommend him for all of your intellectual property matters.
Abaco Propiedad Industrial, S.L.