On July 11, 2012, the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit affirmed a ruling by the USPTO Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (“Board”) cancelling claim 1 of US Patent 7,434,426 (“Patent ‘426”), held by Robert Loughlin and John Loughlin (together, “Loughlin”), because the claim interfered with US Patent Application 11/671,404 (“Application ‘404”), [...]
On June 26, 2012, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit upheld the decision of the USPTO Board of Patent Appeals and Interferances (the “Board”) to deny all claims pending in U.S. Patent Application No. 11/385,232 (“Application ‘232”). Application ‘232, entitled “Crossbar Arithmetic Processor,” discloses a computing device for processes such as addition, [...]
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit Decides Right of Publicity Outweighs First Amendment in NCAA Football Video Games June 18, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of NY Denies Class Certification in YouTube Copyright Case June 12, 2013
- U.S. Supreme Court Will Review Burden of Proof in Declaratory Judgment Cases When Infringement Counterclaim is Barred June 7, 2013
- Federal Circuit Affirms $20.8 Million Patent Infringement Judgment Against Home Depot March 2, 2012
- Pravel Intellectual Property Law Adopts New Brand, Intellalegal February 13, 2012
- Federal Circuit Reiterates Three-Step Recapture Rule is Proper Test in Reissue Applications July 9, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
I have been working with Jim Pravel and his law firm for over ten years and I have to say that he is a phenomenal patent and trademark attorney. I feel very confident working with him and he always provides clear information and advice. It is a pleasure to do business with him and I highly recommend him for all of your intellectual property matters.
Abaco Propiedad Industrial, S.L.