On July 11, 2012, the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit affirmed a ruling by the USPTO Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (“Board”) cancelling claim 1 of US Patent 7,434,426 (“Patent ‘426”), held by Robert Loughlin and John Loughlin (together, “Loughlin”), because the claim interfered with US Patent Application 11/671,404 (“Application ‘404”), […]
On June 26, 2012, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit upheld the decision of the USPTO Board of Patent Appeals and Interferances (the “Board”) to deny all claims pending in U.S. Patent Application No. 11/385,232 (“Application ‘232”). Application ‘232, entitled “Crossbar Arithmetic Processor,” discloses a computing device for processes such as addition, […]
- Federal Circuit Limits Business Method Patentability in View of US Supreme Court Alice Decision February 18, 2015
- US Patent and Trademark Office Reduces Trademark Application Filing Fees February 6, 2015
- IBM Obtains the most patents in 2014 January 14, 2015
- Federal Circuit Reaffirms Structure Requirements for Means-Plus-Function Claims February 27, 2013
- New Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC) System to Launch in January 2013 December 5, 2012
- Google Threatens to Sue Youtube MP3 Conversion Site November 14, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"Jim is a fine lawyer very knowledgeable about the US Patent and Trademark Office and performing services of searching and evaluation of patents for infringement and validity."
Less Hewitt, Esq.