On July 11, 2012, the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit affirmed a ruling by the USPTO Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (“Board”) cancelling claim 1 of US Patent 7,434,426 (“Patent ‘426”), held by Robert Loughlin and John Loughlin (together, “Loughlin”), because the claim interfered with US Patent Application 11/671,404 (“Application ‘404”), […]
On June 26, 2012, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit upheld the decision of the USPTO Board of Patent Appeals and Interferances (the “Board”) to deny all claims pending in U.S. Patent Application No. 11/385,232 (“Application ‘232”). Application ‘232, entitled “Crossbar Arithmetic Processor,” discloses a computing device for processes such as addition, […]
- AIPLA files Amicus Brief in Nautilus v. Biosig Instruments re: Definiteness March 5, 2014
- Apple’s New Touch MacBook Patent February 21, 2014
- Federal Circuit Clarifies Standard for Defendants Seeking Award of Attorney’s Fees January 29, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office Requests Comments on Request for Continued Examination Practice December 20, 2012
- Federal Circuit Upholds Cancellation from Interference Provoked Two Years After Publication July 27, 2012
- An Algorithm for Every Function July 25, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
I thank you for your professionalism and patience in dealing with Buckboard BBQ & Catering when dealing with copyright and trademark infringements of a competing restaurant. While we had prior usage rights, we did not have Trademark or complete copyright rights to Buckboard at the time. We waited as per you suggestions filed the proper paperwork to set precedent. Every step of the way your firm was detailed and on top of the each step in the waiting & filing process.
When our time came to finally obtain rights to Buckboard, I had a tickler to remind myself about inquiring with Pravel over status. Well two weeks before my tickler popped up, your firm had already taken the necessary steps to get the proper filing paperwork in motion. Today we are at point of owning the Buckboard Trademark with registration in the final stages.
Thank you for your professionalism and patience!