Research in Motion Limited (“RIM”), well known owner of the BLACKBERRY mark, opposed the registration of the mark BLACK MAIL by the NBOR Corporation (“NBOR”). Research In Motion Limited v. NBOR Corporation, Opposition No. 91179284 to application Serial No. 77090059 filed on January 24, 2007. Applicant filed the mark BLACK MAIL for: “computer software for […]
As you may recall, in 2006 Research in Motion (RIM), the owner of Blackberry, paid $612.5 million to patent owner NTP to settle a patent infringement lawsuit.The US 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, in Richmond, VA in September heard a Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) based lawsuit filed by NTP. The lawsuit is intended to […]
- Federal Circuit Limits Business Method Patentability in View of US Supreme Court Alice Decision February 18, 2015
- US Patent and Trademark Office Reduces Trademark Application Filing Fees February 6, 2015
- IBM Obtains the most patents in 2014 January 14, 2015
- Federal Circuit Reaffirms Structure Requirements for Means-Plus-Function Claims February 27, 2013
- New Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC) System to Launch in January 2013 December 5, 2012
- Google Threatens to Sue Youtube MP3 Conversion Site November 14, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
I have been working with Jim Pravel and his law firm for over ten years and I have to say that he is a phenomenal patent and trademark attorney. I feel very confident working with him and he always provides clear information and advice. It is a pleasure to do business with him and I highly recommend him for all of your intellectual property matters.
Abaco Propiedad Industrial, S.L.