Research in Motion Limited (“RIM”), well known owner of the BLACKBERRY mark, opposed the registration of the mark BLACK MAIL by the NBOR Corporation (“NBOR”). Research In Motion Limited v. NBOR Corporation, Opposition No. 91179284 to application Serial No. 77090059 filed on January 24, 2007. Applicant filed the mark BLACK MAIL for: “computer software for […]
As you may recall, in 2006 Research in Motion (RIM), the owner of Blackberry, paid $612.5 million to patent owner NTP to settle a patent infringement lawsuit.The US 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, in Richmond, VA in September heard a Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) based lawsuit filed by NTP. The lawsuit is intended to […]
- US Patent and Trademark Office Extends After Final Action Consideration October 30, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office Launches Online Toolkit for Trademarks October 2, 2014
- ALS Association withdraws US Trademark Applications to Register “Ice Bucket Challenge” September 8, 2014
- Federal Circuit Clarifies Pleading Requirements in Design Patent Cases February 14, 2013
- American Universities Sued for Copyright Infringement November 6, 2012
- Federal Circuit Upholds TTAB’s Finding of Abandonment of Lens.com’s LENS Mark August 21, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
Since the early 2000’s I have trusted James W. Pravel, of Pravel Intellectual Property Law, PC, at Alexandria, Virginia 22314, to manage my clients’ TM and patent applications and registrations with the USPTO.
Along these something more than ten years I have realized with satisfaction that Mr. Pravel has given attentive care and alertness to all my files. We have had together some difficult cases that, I must say, were finally conducted along satisfying paths thanks to his sheer personal interest in solving the obstacles, often raised by unexpected sources.
Other of Mr. Pravel’s qualities that I have in high regard is the sober honesty with which he uses to discuss my opinions when necessary.
Fil.dr. Joan Fortea
Fil.dr. Joan Fortea
Abaco Propiedad Ltd.