On January 17, 2015 the US Patent and Trademark Office reduced its filing fees for Federal Trademark Applications. The fees for online filing of TEAS Plus was reduced by $50 to $225 per class of goods or services. The TEAS Reduced Fee (TEAS RF) Application is a new type of online application having a filing […]
The Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association (“ALS”) has withdrawn its US Trademark Applications that include the phrases “ice bucket challenge” and ALS ice bucket challenge. The group posted to Facebook explaining its decision: We’ve received several messages regarding the trademark applications we filed. We filed for these trademarks in good faith as a measure to protect […]
On August 3, 2012, the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued a decision in the case Lens.com, Inc. v. 1-800 Contacts, Inc. In the case, the Federal Circuit upheld a decision of the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB”) granting a motion for summary judgment and ordering the cancellation of Lens.com’s […]
Background A trademark can be many things — even sounds or smells. By definition, a trademark is a word, phrase, symbol or design, or combination of words, phrases, symbols or designs, which identify and distinguishes the source of the goods or services of one party from those of others. It is obviously important to consider […]
The US Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) has extended the deadline to file to have a trademark registration exhibited in the 2010 National Trademark Expo until August 16, 2010. The Expo will include themed displays, exhibitors’ booths, costumed characters and much more. Exhibit themes may include, but are not limited to, celebrity trademarks, trademarks identifying […]
- Federal Circuit Limits Business Method Patentability in View of US Supreme Court Alice Decision February 18, 2015
- US Patent and Trademark Office Reduces Trademark Application Filing Fees February 6, 2015
- IBM Obtains the most patents in 2014 January 14, 2015
- Federal Circuit Reaffirms Structure Requirements for Means-Plus-Function Claims February 27, 2013
- New Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC) System to Launch in January 2013 December 5, 2012
- Google Threatens to Sue Youtube MP3 Conversion Site November 14, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"I have always been pleased with Jim's work for our clients and us."
Ben Tobor, Esq.