On December 2, 2013, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit issued an opinion in Herb Reed Enterprises, LLC v. Florida Mgmt., Inc.; Larry Marshak (9th Cir. December 2, 2013). In this case, Larry Marshak and his company Florida Entertainment Management, Inc. (Marshak) had appealed the district court’s grant of a preliminary injunction in […]
Ninth Circuit Determines That Plaintiffs Must Prove Likelihood of Irreparable Harm to Obtain a Preliminary Injunction in Trademark
On August 3, 2012, the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued a decision in the case Lens.com, Inc. v. 1-800 Contacts, Inc. In the case, the Federal Circuit upheld a decision of the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB”) granting a motion for summary judgment and ordering the cancellation of Lens.com’s […]
In THE CRASH DUMMY MOVIE, LLC v. MATTEL, INC. (CAFC 2009-1239, April 16, 2010), the Federal Circuit found that Mattel’s failure to file a timely Section 8 declaration of use did not negate Mattel’s intent to resume its use of the mark. Mattel, via its predecessor in interest Tyco, had registered the mark CRASH DUMMIES […]
- IBM Obtains the most patents in 2014 January 14, 2015
- Pricing and Contracting Negotiations Insufficient to Constitute a Sale within the US November 11, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office Extends After Final Action Consideration October 30, 2014
- U.S. Supreme Court to Decide: To How Many Generations Does Patent Protection Extend? February 21, 2013
- Shape of Hookah Pipe not Protectable with Copyright November 8, 2012
- American Universities Sued for Copyright Infringement November 6, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
Since the early 2000’s I have trusted James W. Pravel, of Pravel Intellectual Property Law, PC, at Alexandria, Virginia 22314, to manage my clients’ TM and patent applications and registrations with the USPTO.
Along these something more than ten years I have realized with satisfaction that Mr. Pravel has given attentive care and alertness to all my files. We have had together some difficult cases that, I must say, were finally conducted along satisfying paths thanks to his sheer personal interest in solving the obstacles, often raised by unexpected sources.
Other of Mr. Pravel’s qualities that I have in high regard is the sober honesty with which he uses to discuss my opinions when necessary.
Fil.dr. Joan Fortea
Fil.dr. Joan Fortea
Abaco Propiedad Ltd.