On December 2, 2013, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit issued an opinion in Herb Reed Enterprises, LLC v. Florida Mgmt., Inc.; Larry Marshak (9th Cir. December 2, 2013). In this case, Larry Marshak and his company Florida Entertainment Management, Inc. (Marshak) had appealed the district court’s grant of a preliminary injunction in […]
Ninth Circuit Determines That Plaintiffs Must Prove Likelihood of Irreparable Harm to Obtain a Preliminary Injunction in Trademark
On August 3, 2012, the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued a decision in the case Lens.com, Inc. v. 1-800 Contacts, Inc. In the case, the Federal Circuit upheld a decision of the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB”) granting a motion for summary judgment and ordering the cancellation of Lens.com’s […]
In THE CRASH DUMMY MOVIE, LLC v. MATTEL, INC. (CAFC 2009-1239, April 16, 2010), the Federal Circuit found that Mattel’s failure to file a timely Section 8 declaration of use did not negate Mattel’s intent to resume its use of the mark. Mattel, via its predecessor in interest Tyco, had registered the mark CRASH DUMMIES […]
- Apple Files Patent Application for Sapphire Front/Back Displays July 11, 2014
- US Supreme Court Again Limits Business Method Patents After Bilski June 23, 2014
- US Supreme Court Attempts to Clarify Definiteness Requirement June 11, 2014
- Innovation Expo 2013 to be Held in Alexandria Virginia June 20-22, 2013 – Applicants Welcome January 18, 2013
- Federal Circuit Vacates Preliminary Injunction Again in Shionogi v. Lupin August 14, 2012
- US Patent and Trademark Office Publishes Rule Changes for the Citation of Prior Art and Written Statements Provision of the America Invents Act August 10, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
Since the early 2000’s I have trusted James W. Pravel, of Pravel Intellectual Property Law, PC, at Alexandria, Virginia 22314, to manage my clients’ TM and patent applications and registrations with the USPTO.
Along these something more than ten years I have realized with satisfaction that Mr. Pravel has given attentive care and alertness to all my files. We have had together some difficult cases that, I must say, were finally conducted along satisfying paths thanks to his sheer personal interest in solving the obstacles, often raised by unexpected sources.
Other of Mr. Pravel’s qualities that I have in high regard is the sober honesty with which he uses to discuss my opinions when necessary.
Fil.dr. Joan Fortea
Fil.dr. Joan Fortea
Abaco Propiedad Ltd.