On December 2, 2013, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit issued an opinion in Herb Reed Enterprises, LLC v. Florida Mgmt., Inc.; Larry Marshak (9th Cir. December 2, 2013). In this case, Larry Marshak and his company Florida Entertainment Management, Inc. (Marshak) had appealed the district court’s grant of a preliminary injunction in […]
Ninth Circuit Determines That Plaintiffs Must Prove Likelihood of Irreparable Harm to Obtain a Preliminary Injunction in Trademark
On August 3, 2012, the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued a decision in the case Lens.com, Inc. v. 1-800 Contacts, Inc. In the case, the Federal Circuit upheld a decision of the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB”) granting a motion for summary judgment and ordering the cancellation of Lens.com’s […]
In THE CRASH DUMMY MOVIE, LLC v. MATTEL, INC. (CAFC 2009-1239, April 16, 2010), the Federal Circuit found that Mattel’s failure to file a timely Section 8 declaration of use did not negate Mattel’s intent to resume its use of the mark. Mattel, via its predecessor in interest Tyco, had registered the mark CRASH DUMMIES […]
- Apple Files Patent Application for Sapphire Front/Back Displays July 11, 2014
- US Supreme Court Again Limits Business Method Patents After Bilski June 23, 2014
- US Supreme Court Attempts to Clarify Definiteness Requirement June 11, 2014
- Innovation Expo 2013 to be Held in Alexandria Virginia June 20-22, 2013 – Applicants Welcome January 18, 2013
- Federal Circuit Vacates Preliminary Injunction Again in Shionogi v. Lupin August 14, 2012
- US Patent and Trademark Office Publishes Rule Changes for the Citation of Prior Art and Written Statements Provision of the America Invents Act August 10, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
I have been working with Jim Pravel and his law firm for over ten years and I have to say that he is a phenomenal patent and trademark attorney. I feel very confident working with him and he always provides clear information and advice. It is a pleasure to do business with him and I highly recommend him for all of your intellectual property matters.
Abaco Propiedad Industrial, S.L.