The 2013 Offshore Technology Conference in Houston, Texas drew the second-highest number of attendees in history. According to the official records, 104,800 people attended the conference, which is 17% higher than last year. For those of us who have seen the oil business in boom and bust cycles, the boom cycles are definitely more interesting! [...]
2013 Offshore Technology Conference Sets Record Number of Attendees and Displays Impressive Innovation
On January 25, 2012, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued its opinion in Hall v. Bed Bath & Beyond, Inc., __ F.3d __ (Fed. Cir. 2013). In the decision, written by Judge Newman, the Federal Circuit reversed the district court’s dismissal of the plaintiff’s patent infringement complaint. It found that the complaint had [...]
Introduction Many, if not most of you are probably aware of the newly enacted America Invents Act (AIA). The AIA is major patent legislation that includes significant changes to American patent law. It was signed into law on September 16, 2011. This report provides a summary of the most important provisions that are included in [...]
The US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and the University of Texas will be conducting a conference designed specifically for independent Texas inventors and entrepreneurs. The Conference will be held September 14-15 at the University of Texas at Austin in the Thompson Conference Center located at 2405 Robert Dedman Drive, Austin, Texas. Presentations and workshops will be conducted by [...]
On July 2, 2012, the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued a decision in the case Sciele Pharma Inc. et al. (now “Shionogi”) v. Lupin Ltd. et al. (“Lupin). In the decision, the Federal Circuit, for a second time, vacated a preliminary injunction issued by the District Court for the District [...]
- Ninth Circuit Clarifies Requirements for Vicarious and Contributory Copyright Infringement Claims May 20, 2013
- Federal Circuit Applies Collateral Estoppel to Patent Claim Terms Not Previously Construed May 17, 2013
- 2013 Offshore Technology Conference Sets Record Number of Attendees and Displays Impressive Innovation May 11, 2013
- Federal Circuit Affirms $20.8 Million Patent Infringement Judgment Against Home Depot March 2, 2012
- US Patent and Trademark Office Offers Awards for Patents for Humanity February 9, 2012
- Federal Circuit: Recklessness Best Determined by a Judge July 3, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"Pincott International Pty Ltd is a family owned Australian manufacturer of consumable products used in tire retreading and recycling industry throughout the world. We were originally introduced to Bill Pravel (Jim's father) in the mid 1980's and have continued on with Jim for the past 10 years with complete satisfaction.
We find Jim Pravel to be personable, diligent and extremely professional when employing his services."