The US Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) has extended the time frame for the After Final Consideration Pilot (AFCP) program until at least September 30, 2014. The AFCP provides for consideration of claims by a patent examiner in a pending application. The new version of the AFCP is referred to as the AFCP 2.0 […]
2013 Offshore Technology Conference Sets Record Number of Attendees and Displays Impressive Innovation
The 2013 Offshore Technology Conference in Houston, Texas drew the second-highest number of attendees in history. According to the official records, 104,800 people attended the conference, which is 17% higher than last year. For those of us who have seen the oil business in boom and bust cycles, the boom cycles are definitely more interesting! […]
On January 25, 2012, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued its opinion in Hall v. Bed Bath & Beyond, Inc., __ F.3d __ (Fed. Cir. 2013). In the decision, written by Judge Newman, the Federal Circuit reversed the district court’s dismissal of the plaintiff’s patent infringement complaint. It found that the complaint had […]
Introduction Many, if not most of you are probably aware of the newly enacted America Invents Act (AIA). The AIA is major patent legislation that includes significant changes to American patent law. It was signed into law on September 16, 2011. This report provides a summary of the most important provisions that are included in […]
The US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and the University of Texas will be conducting a conference designed specifically for independent Texas inventors and entrepreneurs. The Conference will be held September 14-15 at the University of Texas at Austin in the Thompson Conference Center located at 2405 Robert Dedman Drive, Austin, Texas. Presentations and workshops will be conducted by […]
- Apple Files Patent Application for Sapphire Front/Back Displays July 11, 2014
- US Supreme Court Again Limits Business Method Patents After Bilski June 23, 2014
- US Supreme Court Attempts to Clarify Definiteness Requirement June 11, 2014
- Innovation Expo 2013 to be Held in Alexandria Virginia June 20-22, 2013 – Applicants Welcome January 18, 2013
- Federal Circuit Vacates Preliminary Injunction Again in Shionogi v. Lupin August 14, 2012
- US Patent and Trademark Office Publishes Rule Changes for the Citation of Prior Art and Written Statements Provision of the America Invents Act August 10, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"Jim is a fine lawyer very knowledgeable about the US Patent and Trademark Office and performing services of searching and evaluation of patents for infringement and validity."
Less Hewitt, Esq.