The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) has filed an Amicus Brief (friend of the court)in Biosig Instruments, Inc. v. Nautilus , 2012-1289 (April 26, 2013, CAFC). A link to the US Supreme Court docket on the appeal is found here. The Federal Circuit reversed a district court decision that a patent claim to a […]
Federal Circuit Decides That a Cross-Appeal is Required for District Court to Consider Patent Validity on Remand
On April 19, 2013, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit decided Lazare Kaplan Int’l Inc. v. Photoscribe Technologies Inc.. (Fed. Cir. 2013). In its opinion, the Federal Circuit reversed the district court’s granting of relief under Rule 60 (b) and vacated its finding of patent invalidity because the prior judgment as to […]
On February 13, 2013, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued its opinion in Function Media, L.L.C v. Google Inc., __ F.3d __ (Fed. Cir. 2013). In the decision, written by Judge Reyna, the Federal Circuit affirmed the district court’s invalidation of one of the plaintiff’s patents as indefinite. The court found that […]
On July 2, 2012, the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued a decision in the case Sciele Pharma Inc. et al. (now “Shionogi”) v. Lupin Ltd. et al. (“Lupin). In the decision, the Federal Circuit, for a second time, vacated a preliminary injunction issued by the District Court for the District […]
On April 9, 2012, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit upheld the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania’s decision to invalidate patent claims asserted by Noah Systems, Inc. (“Noah”) against Intuit, Inc. (“Intuit”), because the claims were indefinite. At the center of this case was U.S. Patent No. 5,875,435 […]
- US Patent and Trademark Office Extends After Final Action Consideration October 30, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office Launches Online Toolkit for Trademarks October 2, 2014
- ALS Association withdraws US Trademark Applications to Register “Ice Bucket Challenge” September 8, 2014
- Federal Circuit Clarifies Pleading Requirements in Design Patent Cases February 14, 2013
- American Universities Sued for Copyright Infringement November 6, 2012
- Federal Circuit Upholds TTAB’s Finding of Abandonment of Lens.com’s LENS Mark August 21, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"Jim is a fine lawyer very knowledgeable about the US Patent and Trademark Office and performing services of searching and evaluation of patents for infringement and validity."
Less Hewitt, Esq.