The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) has filed an Amicus Brief (friend of the court)in Biosig Instruments, Inc. v. Nautilus , 2012-1289 (April 26, 2013, CAFC). A link to the US Supreme Court docket on the appeal is found here. The Federal Circuit reversed a district court decision that a patent claim to a […]
Federal Circuit Decides That a Cross-Appeal is Required for District Court to Consider Patent Validity on Remand
On April 19, 2013, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit decided Lazare Kaplan Int’l Inc. v. Photoscribe Technologies Inc.. (Fed. Cir. 2013). In its opinion, the Federal Circuit reversed the district court’s granting of relief under Rule 60 (b) and vacated its finding of patent invalidity because the prior judgment as to […]
On February 13, 2013, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued its opinion in Function Media, L.L.C v. Google Inc., __ F.3d __ (Fed. Cir. 2013). In the decision, written by Judge Reyna, the Federal Circuit affirmed the district court’s invalidation of one of the plaintiff’s patents as indefinite. The court found that […]
On July 2, 2012, the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued a decision in the case Sciele Pharma Inc. et al. (now “Shionogi”) v. Lupin Ltd. et al. (“Lupin). In the decision, the Federal Circuit, for a second time, vacated a preliminary injunction issued by the District Court for the District […]
On April 9, 2012, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit upheld the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania’s decision to invalidate patent claims asserted by Noah Systems, Inc. (“Noah”) against Intuit, Inc. (“Intuit”), because the claims were indefinite. At the center of this case was U.S. Patent No. 5,875,435 […]
- Apple Files Patent Application for Sapphire Front/Back Displays July 11, 2014
- US Supreme Court Again Limits Business Method Patents After Bilski June 23, 2014
- US Supreme Court Attempts to Clarify Definiteness Requirement June 11, 2014
- Innovation Expo 2013 to be Held in Alexandria Virginia June 20-22, 2013 – Applicants Welcome January 18, 2013
- Federal Circuit Vacates Preliminary Injunction Again in Shionogi v. Lupin August 14, 2012
- US Patent and Trademark Office Publishes Rule Changes for the Citation of Prior Art and Written Statements Provision of the America Invents Act August 10, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
I have been working with Jim Pravel and his law firm for over ten years and I have to say that he is a phenomenal patent and trademark attorney. I feel very confident working with him and he always provides clear information and advice. It is a pleasure to do business with him and I highly recommend him for all of your intellectual property matters.
Abaco Propiedad Industrial, S.L.