Introduction Many, if not most of you are probably aware of the newly enacted America Invents Act (AIA). The AIA is major patent legislation that includes significant changes to American patent law. It was signed into law on September 16, 2011. This report provides a summary of the most important provisions that are included in [...]
The Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), David Kappos, defended software patents at a recent keynote address at the Center for American Progress. In the address, Kappos emphasized that software patents are not issued merely for lines of code, or abstract ideas but instead are issues for processes and apparatuses. Examples [...]
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC) has agreed to address the issue of patent eligibility for computer-implemented inventions by a full court. On October 9, 2012, the Federal Circuit issued an order which granted the Petition by CLS Bank, vacated its previous split-panel decision in CLS Bank International v. Alice Corporation and agreed [...]
US Patent and Trademark Office Co-Sponsors Women’s Entrepreneurship Symposium in Shreveport, Louisiana
The USPTO, U.S. Senator Mary L. Landrieu and Cedric B. Glover, mayor of the City of Shreveport, are co-sponsoring the Second Annual USPTO Women’s Entrepreneurship Symposium. The symposium will focus on women entrepreneurs and the importance of intellectual property (IP) protection to the success of innovative businesses. The symposium will be held from March 25-26, 2012 [...]
The US Patent and Trademark Office has announced that it will offer an awards competition for patent owners and licensees. For over two centuries, strong patents have provided business incentives that encourage technological progress to build our modern world. As we struggle to combat the issues plaguing many of the world’s poor, patents play an [...]
- Ninth Circuit Clarifies Requirements for Vicarious and Contributory Copyright Infringement Claims May 20, 2013
- Federal Circuit Applies Collateral Estoppel to Patent Claim Terms Not Previously Construed May 17, 2013
- 2013 Offshore Technology Conference Sets Record Number of Attendees and Displays Impressive Innovation May 11, 2013
- Federal Circuit Affirms $20.8 Million Patent Infringement Judgment Against Home Depot March 2, 2012
- US Patent and Trademark Office Offers Awards for Patents for Humanity February 9, 2012
- Federal Circuit: Recklessness Best Determined by a Judge July 3, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"I have always been pleased with Jim's work for our clients and us."
Ben Tobor, Esq.