In advance of the upcoming release of the Apple iPhone 6, a recent US Patent Application (SN 2014/0193606) published on July 10, 2014 discloses a sapphire glass component that is used on both front and back surfaces of electronic devices. The sapphire component is formed with a single crystal plane orientation constructed from aluminum […]
The US Supreme Court in Alice Corporation Pty. Ltd. v. CLS Bank International Et Al., 573 U.S. ___ (6/19/2014) (“Alice”) has again held that the scope of patentable subject matter is narrow for business method patents. The representative method claim at issue in Alice recited the following steps: (1) “creating” shadow records for each counterparty […]
On June 2, 2014 the US Supreme Court in Nautilus, Inc. v. Biosig Instruments, Inc. (No. 13-369) attempted to clarify the requirement for precise language as required in the US Patent Statute at 35 USC Section 112, paragraph 2. At issue in the case, which was appealed from the US Court of Appeals for […]
The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) has filed an Amicus Brief (friend of the court)in Biosig Instruments, Inc. v. Nautilus , 2012-1289 (April 26, 2013, CAFC). A link to the US Supreme Court docket on the appeal is found here. The Federal Circuit reversed a district court decision that a patent claim to a […]
On Tuesday of this week the US Patent and Trademark Office issued US Patent 8,654,524 for a “Housing as an I/O Device” to Apple, Inc. The patent claims a device that includes sensors positioned in a housing where the housing surrounds the electronic device. The sensors are peripheral to the screen itself. This seems to […]
- Apple Files Patent Application for Sapphire Front/Back Displays July 11, 2014
- US Supreme Court Again Limits Business Method Patents After Bilski June 23, 2014
- US Supreme Court Attempts to Clarify Definiteness Requirement June 11, 2014
- Innovation Expo 2013 to be Held in Alexandria Virginia June 20-22, 2013 – Applicants Welcome January 18, 2013
- Federal Circuit Vacates Preliminary Injunction Again in Shionogi v. Lupin August 14, 2012
- US Patent and Trademark Office Publishes Rule Changes for the Citation of Prior Art and Written Statements Provision of the America Invents Act August 10, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"My company’s trademark matter was handled promptly and efficiently by Pravel Intellectual Property Law, P.C. Jim’s innate ability to 'think outside the box' was most beneficial. I would recommend this firm for any intellectual property needs."
Betty Villani, Esq.