Recently, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit decided SanDisk Corporation v. Kingston Technology Co. Inc. 695 F.3d 1348 (2012). The plaintiff-appellant, SanDisk Corporation, appealed from a decision of the United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin that granted summary judgment of non-infringement for Kingston Technology Co. pursuant to the disclosure-dedication rule. [...]
On December 21, 2012, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued its decision in Stephen Slesinger, Inc. v. Disney Enterprises, Inc., __ F.3d __ (Fed. Cir. 2013). In the opinion, the Federal Circuit affirmed the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board’s (“TTAB”) ruling that the appellant’s cancellation action was barred, by collateral estoppel, due [...]
On February 13, 2013, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued its opinion in Function Media, L.L.C v. Google Inc., __ F.3d __ (Fed. Cir. 2013). In the decision, written by Judge Reyna, the Federal Circuit affirmed the district court’s invalidation of one of the plaintiff’s patents as indefinite. The court found that [...]
Google recently wrote a letter on June 8 to the owner of the website Youtube-MP3.org, stating that it must stop its activities within seven days of Google’s letter. Youtube-MP3.org is a site devoted to converting Youtube videos to audio MP3s, that is widely popular, accessed by 1.3 million people each day. Google and Youtube argue [...]
The recent case of Inhale v. Starbuzz Tobacco, Inc. held that the shape of a water container to be used in a hookah device is not afforded protection under the Copyright Act. Inhale made a water container that had a specific design on it – a skull and crossbones, in 2008 and registered it with the [...]
- Federal Circuit Explains That Summary Judgment can be Delayed When Additional Discovery is Essential to Opposition May 24, 2013
- Ninth Circuit Clarifies Requirements for Vicarious and Contributory Copyright Infringement Claims May 20, 2013
- Federal Circuit Applies Collateral Estoppel to Patent Claim Terms Not Previously Construed May 17, 2013
- Federal Circuit Affirms $20.8 Million Patent Infringement Judgment Against Home Depot March 2, 2012
- US Patent and Trademark Office Offers Awards for Patents for Humanity February 9, 2012
- Federal Circuit: Recklessness Best Determined by a Judge July 3, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
I have been working with Jim Pravel and his law firm for over ten years and I have to say that he is a phenomenal patent and trademark attorney. I feel very confident working with him and he always provides clear information and advice. It is a pleasure to do business with him and I highly recommend him for all of your intellectual property matters.
Abaco Propiedad Industrial, S.L.