In March, the Ninth Circuit issued a revised opinion in UMG Recordings Inc. v. Shelter Capital LLC and Veoh Networks Inc. No. 09—55902 (9th Cir. 2013). In its opinion, the court upheld the district court’s granting of the defendant’s motion for summary judgment because it was protected from a copyright infringement lawsuit by the safe harbor […]
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a major player U.S. copyright law that has come to the forefront when, on appeal, the Second Circuit remanded the case Viacom International, Inc. v. YouTube, Inc., for further review of certain copyright issues. One of the major aspect of the DMCA are the safe harbor provisions that […]
Under 17 USC Section 1201(a)(1), the Librarian of Congress is required every three years to determine whether there are any classes of works that are exempted from the prohibition against circumvention of technology that effectively controls access to a copyrighted work. This provision is part of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). On July 26, […]
- US Patent and Trademark Office Launches Online Toolkit for Trademarks October 2, 2014
- ALS Association withdraws US Trademark Applications to Register “Ice Bucket Challenge” September 8, 2014
- First Inventor to File – 2014 USPTO Roadshow September 5, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Publishes Final Rules on First to File System February 13, 2013
- Federal Circuit Upholds TTAB’s Finding of Abandonment of Lens.com’s LENS Mark August 21, 2012
- Texas Regional Independent Inventors Conference-Austin, TX Sept. 14-15 August 16, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
I have been working with Jim Pravel and his law firm for over ten years and I have to say that he is a phenomenal patent and trademark attorney. I feel very confident working with him and he always provides clear information and advice. It is a pleasure to do business with him and I highly recommend him for all of your intellectual property matters.
Abaco Propiedad Industrial, S.L.