In March, the Ninth Circuit issued a revised opinion in UMG Recordings Inc. v. Shelter Capital LLC and Veoh Networks Inc. No. 09—55902 (9th Cir. 2013). In its opinion, the court upheld the district court’s granting of the defendant’s motion for summary judgment because it was protected from a copyright infringement lawsuit by the safe harbor […]
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a major player U.S. copyright law that has come to the forefront when, on appeal, the Second Circuit remanded the case Viacom International, Inc. v. YouTube, Inc., for further review of certain copyright issues. One of the major aspect of the DMCA are the safe harbor provisions that […]
Under 17 USC Section 1201(a)(1), the Librarian of Congress is required every three years to determine whether there are any classes of works that are exempted from the prohibition against circumvention of technology that effectively controls access to a copyrighted work. This provision is part of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). On July 26, […]
- Pricing and Contracting Negotiations Insufficient to Constitute a Sale within the US November 11, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office Extends After Final Action Consideration October 30, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office Launches Online Toolkit for Trademarks October 2, 2014
- Federal Circuit Clarifies Pleading Requirements in Design Patent Cases February 14, 2013
- American Universities Sued for Copyright Infringement November 6, 2012
- Federal Circuit Upholds TTAB’s Finding of Abandonment of Lens.com’s LENS Mark August 21, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
Since the early 2000’s I have trusted James W. Pravel, of Pravel Intellectual Property Law, PC, at Alexandria, Virginia 22314, to manage my clients’ TM and patent applications and registrations with the USPTO.
Along these something more than ten years I have realized with satisfaction that Mr. Pravel has given attentive care and alertness to all my files. We have had together some difficult cases that, I must say, were finally conducted along satisfying paths thanks to his sheer personal interest in solving the obstacles, often raised by unexpected sources.
Other of Mr. Pravel’s qualities that I have in high regard is the sober honesty with which he uses to discuss my opinions when necessary.
Fil.dr. Joan Fortea
Fil.dr. Joan Fortea
Abaco Propiedad Ltd.