In March, the Ninth Circuit issued a revised opinion in UMG Recordings Inc. v. Shelter Capital LLC and Veoh Networks Inc. No. 09—55902 (9th Cir. 2013). In its opinion, the court upheld the district court’s granting of the defendant’s motion for summary judgment because it was protected from a copyright infringement lawsuit by the safe harbor […]
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a major player U.S. copyright law that has come to the forefront when, on appeal, the Second Circuit remanded the case Viacom International, Inc. v. YouTube, Inc., for further review of certain copyright issues. One of the major aspect of the DMCA are the safe harbor provisions that […]
Under 17 USC Section 1201(a)(1), the Librarian of Congress is required every three years to determine whether there are any classes of works that are exempted from the prohibition against circumvention of technology that effectively controls access to a copyrighted work. This provision is part of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). On July 26, […]
- ALS Association withdraws US Trademark Applications to Register “Ice Bucket Challenge” September 8, 2014
- First Inventor to File – 2014 USPTO Roadshow September 5, 2014
- Apple Files Patent Application for Sapphire Front/Back Displays July 11, 2014
- Report On Newly Enacted America Invents Act (AIA) February 8, 2013
- Texas Regional Independent Inventors Conference-Austin, TX Sept. 14-15 August 16, 2012
- Federal Circuit Vacates Preliminary Injunction Again in Shionogi v. Lupin August 14, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"Pincott International Pty Ltd is a family owned Australian manufacturer of consumable products used in tire retreading and recycling industry throughout the world. We were originally introduced to Bill Pravel (Jim's father) in the mid 1980's and have continued on with Jim for the past 10 years with complete satisfaction.
We find Jim Pravel to be personable, diligent and extremely professional when employing his services."