In March, the Ninth Circuit issued a revised opinion in UMG Recordings Inc. v. Shelter Capital LLC and Veoh Networks Inc. No. 09—55902 (9th Cir. 2013). In its opinion, the court upheld the district court’s granting of the defendant’s motion for summary judgment because it was protected from a copyright infringement lawsuit by the safe harbor […]
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a major player U.S. copyright law that has come to the forefront when, on appeal, the Second Circuit remanded the case Viacom International, Inc. v. YouTube, Inc., for further review of certain copyright issues. One of the major aspect of the DMCA are the safe harbor provisions that […]
Under 17 USC Section 1201(a)(1), the Librarian of Congress is required every three years to determine whether there are any classes of works that are exempted from the prohibition against circumvention of technology that effectively controls access to a copyrighted work. This provision is part of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). On July 26, […]
- AIPLA files Amicus Brief in Nautilus v. Biosig Instruments re: Definiteness March 5, 2014
- Apple’s New Touch MacBook Patent February 21, 2014
- Federal Circuit Clarifies Standard for Defendants Seeking Award of Attorney’s Fees January 29, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office Requests Comments on Request for Continued Examination Practice December 20, 2012
- Federal Circuit Upholds Cancellation from Interference Provoked Two Years After Publication July 27, 2012
- An Algorithm for Every Function July 25, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"Jim is a fine lawyer very knowledgeable about the US Patent and Trademark Office and performing services of searching and evaluation of patents for infringement and validity."
Less Hewitt, Esq.