Google recently wrote a letter on June 8 to the owner of the website Youtube-MP3.org, stating that it must stop its activities within seven days of Google’s letter. Youtube-MP3.org is a site devoted to converting Youtube videos to audio MP3s, that is widely popular, accessed by 1.3 million people each day. Google and Youtube argue […]
The recent case of Inhale v. Starbuzz Tobacco, Inc. held that the shape of a water container to be used in a hookah device is not afforded protection under the Copyright Act. Inhale made a water container that had a specific design on it – a skull and crossbones, in 2008 and registered it with the […]
In September 2011, a group of authors, as well as the Authors Guild and Australian Society for Authors, brought one of the largest copyright infringement suits in history against five major American Universities. These universities included University of Michigan, University of California, University of Wisconsin, Indiana University, and Cornell University. The suit, filed in the U.S. District […]
After presiding over a recent case involving a dispute between Motorola and Apple, Judge Richard Posner of the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals spoke to a group of lawyers and judges about the ever increasing disconnect between the level of technology employed in patent cases and the ability for judges and juries to understand […]
In its ruling in Mayo Collaborative Services v. Prometheus Laboratories, Inc., the Supreme Court unanimously reversed the Federal Circuit’s decision, stating that the diagnostic tests for determining the appropriate dosage of medication employed by Prometheus were not patentable because they “effectively claim the underlying laws of nature themselves.” In issuing its ruling, The Supreme Court […]
- Apple Files Patent Application for Sapphire Front/Back Displays July 11, 2014
- US Supreme Court Again Limits Business Method Patents After Bilski June 23, 2014
- US Supreme Court Attempts to Clarify Definiteness Requirement June 11, 2014
- Innovation Expo 2013 to be Held in Alexandria Virginia June 20-22, 2013 – Applicants Welcome January 18, 2013
- Federal Circuit Vacates Preliminary Injunction Again in Shionogi v. Lupin August 14, 2012
- US Patent and Trademark Office Publishes Rule Changes for the Citation of Prior Art and Written Statements Provision of the America Invents Act August 10, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
I have been working with Jim Pravel and his law firm for over ten years and I have to say that he is a phenomenal patent and trademark attorney. I feel very confident working with him and he always provides clear information and advice. It is a pleasure to do business with him and I highly recommend him for all of your intellectual property matters.
Abaco Propiedad Industrial, S.L.