The US Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) has extended the After Final Consideration Pilot 2.0 (AFCP 2.0) through September 30, 2015. New Feature – AFCP Response Form (PTO-2323) A new feature of the AFCP is designed to reduce prosecution time and increase collaboration between examiners and applicants or their representatives. In response to an AFCP […]
About Jim Pravel
The US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has launched an online toolkit to help individuals with basic information concerning trademarks. The website is located here. The Trademark Toolkit includes a link to: General information about trademarks; How to respond to a Cease and Desist letter; What to do if an infringement […]
The Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association (“ALS”) has withdrawn its US Trademark Applications that include the phrases “ice bucket challenge” and ALS ice bucket challenge. The group posted to Facebook explaining its decision: We’ve received several messages regarding the trademark applications we filed. We filed for these trademarks in good faith as a measure to protect […]
The USPTO will be hosting seven roadshows across the country during September-October 2014 to increase the understanding of the First Inventor to File (FITF) provisions of the America Invents Act (AIA). The FITF provisions became effective on March 16, 2013. The roadshows are designed to resolve the difficulties with the administrative processes and to provide […]
In advance of the upcoming release of the Apple iPhone 6, a recent US Patent Application (SN 2014/0193606) published on July 10, 2014 discloses a sapphire glass component that is used on both front and back surfaces of electronic devices. The sapphire component is formed with a single crystal plane orientation constructed from aluminum […]
- US Patent and Trademark Office Extends After Final Action Consideration October 30, 2014
- US Patent and Trademark Office Launches Online Toolkit for Trademarks October 2, 2014
- ALS Association withdraws US Trademark Applications to Register “Ice Bucket Challenge” September 8, 2014
- Federal Circuit Clarifies Pleading Requirements in Design Patent Cases February 14, 2013
- American Universities Sued for Copyright Infringement November 6, 2012
- Federal Circuit Upholds TTAB’s Finding of Abandonment of Lens.com’s LENS Mark August 21, 2012
RECEIVE CURRENT IP UPDATES
"I have always been pleased with Jim's work for our clients and us."
Ben Tobor, Esq.